Resources & Links
BDFNQ publishes a quarterly newsletter, Who Flung Dung. The newsletter contains articles of bd interest, details of forthcoming events, reports on recent events, community announcements etc. Members receive the newsletter automatically as part of their membership package. Articles, reflections, poems, stories, recipes and community announcements are welcome and can be sent by email directly to the editor. If email is not an option, material can be sent to the BDFNQ postal address in Kuranda and items will be forwarded to her.
Advertising is another option – ads are available in the following sizes: business card, 1/4 page and 1/2 page. Enquiries re costs and formatting should be sent directly to the editor. email@example.com
BDFNQ maintains a wide and up-to-date library of books, DVDs and journals which are available to members for borrowing. The library is set up for perusal at all field days and events and members can borrow and return then.
Recommended Items for Purchase:
BDFNQ members may purchase the following items at cost price by contacting the Secretary at Thesecretary@biodynamicsfnq.org.au or by post.
Brian Keats’s Antipodean Astro Calendar
Biodynamic Growing Guide
BDFNQ Quick Reference Spray Table
BAA Biodynamic Resource Manual
Grasp the Nettle- Peter Proctor
Culture and Horticulture – Storl
Agriculture Lectures – Rudolf Steiner
Gardening for life (by Maria Thun)
Learning more about Biodynamics
Great website with great way to learn about Biodynamics
www.oregonbd.org go to Class menu and find a whole course free on line.
USA Biodynamics Association www.biodynamics.com to read their magazine
British Biodynamics Association www.biodynamic.org.uk great site, lots of videos and films on Biodynamics and vital foods.
Biodynamics and Organics Links
- Biodynamic Agriculture Australia www.biodynamics.net.au
- Australian Organic Industry Peak Body OFA www.ofa.org.au
- Organic Future www.organicfuture.org
- Organic Guide www.organicguide.com
- WWOOF – Willing Workers on Organic Farms Australia www.wwoof.com.au
- Biodynamic Association of India www.biodynamics.in
Local Businesses and Growers
- Mungalli Creek Dairy and Out of the Whey Teahouse www.mungallicreekdairy.com.au
- Enviromart Cairns www.enviromart.net.au
- Nutrigold Worms, Castings, Leachate, Worm farms 07 4095 3443
Other Useful Businesses
- GreenPatch Organic Seeds www.greendpatchseeds.com.au
- Organic Growers of Australia www.organicgrowers.org.au
- Living Water Flowforms www.livingwaterflowforms.com
- Weleda www.weleda.com.au
- Bugs for Bugs Bugs for Bugs
- Max Allen’s website dedicated to Biodynamic Wines www.redwhiteandgreen.com
- Aus-Qual Pty Ltd www.ausqual.com.au
- NASAA www.nasaa.com.au
- BFA Biological Farmers of Australia www.bfa.com.au for Australian Certified Organic.
- For soil testing that is suitable for organics and Biodynamics
- Environmental Analysis Laboratories –
Order the RA -Pack-02 to get soil totals as well.
- Ask for independent soil fertilty report (that is the Nutritech one.
- H2O Water Matters for Australia www.ozh2o.com
- Australian Perry Agricultural Laboratory w.apal.com.au
- Soil Food Web
Media – Journals
- Acres Australia www.acresaustralia.com.au
- Acres USA magazine www.acresusa.com
- Rudolf Steiner Book Centre www.rudolfsteinerpress.com
- Oz Farm News www.ozfarmnews.com
- FarmTrader www.farmtrader.com.au
- Biodynamic Growing magazine www.bdgrowing.com